Call for Applications: “Critical Nationalism Studies Workshop: National Imaginaries and Beyond” in Durham University, UK
The Educational Project 4 "Producing Multicultural Communities: Methods, Design, and Praxes" is pleased to invite applications for the “Critical Nationalism Studies Workshop: National Imaginaries and Beyond,” co-hosted by School of Government and International Affairs，Durham University and IHS Program as well as Institute for Advanced Studies on Asia (IASA) at the University of Tokyo (UTokyo), which will be held on 14th to 15th of September, 2017.
For those who wish to join this joint seminar, upon reading the application requirements below, please send the email, titled "Application for Critical Nationalism Studies Workshop: National Imaginaries and Beyond” with attached application document to project4[at]ihs.c.u-tokyo.ac.jp by 17th of July, 2017 midnight (24:00). Accepted presenters shall receive notification by 20th of July, 2017.
Detail of the Workshop (See “Document”)
Selection of Participants
(1) Participation Requirements:
As a student of the IHS Program, applicants must show a strong willingness to actively engage in the educational activities.
(2) Expected Number of Participants from the University of Tokyo: 2~3 graduate students
(3) Application Document:
- Provide the possible presentation title with keywords of your presentation (up to 5 words) and individual presentation abstract by 17th of July.
- The document should be written in English.
- One page, A4 size (No limit on the number of words or characters).
Additional Important Information
(1) Participants will be provided with travel expenses.
(2) Participants will be required to submit a report essay after attending the workshop.
(3) By participating in this event, you acknowledge that you are aware that pictures of the event may be used for the purpose of the program.
Please direct any inquiries regarding the conference to IHS Educational Project 4 "Producing Multicultural Communities: Methods, Design, and Praxes"