Call for Application: “1st East Asian Conference for Young Sociologists” at Yonsei University, South Korea, 2015
As a part of the Educational Project 4 "Producing Multicultural Communities: Methods, Design, and Praxes", an international Conference participated by National Taiwan University (Taiwan), Academia Sinica (Taiwan), Yonsei University (South Korea), Tohoku University (Japan), Kobe University (Japan), Hokkaido University (Japan), and The University of Tokyo (Japan) will be co-hosted in Seoul, South Korea on February 2 and 3, 2015.
Yonsei University will host the first East Asian Conference for young sociologists, which is designed to provide scholars and students with opportunities to present both preliminary and more developed research findings, and to engage in lively discussions on a wide range of sociological topics collectively. Each university will select three to four young sociologists who are expected to make a presentation of his/her own research. Professors from all these universities will make collective comments for the further development of the research.
Few academic meetings have been held so far in East Asia that provide currently enrolled graduate students in East Asia an opportunity to gather, meet, present their own work, and exchange ideas. This regional project will become a platform where next-generation sociologists in East Asia develop a more coherent and broader research vision. We encourage many to apply for this conference.
For those who wish to join this conference held at Yonsei University this year, upon reading the application requirements below, please send the email, titled "Application for East Asian Conference for Young Sociologist" with attached application document to project4[at]ihs.c.u-tokyo.ac.jp by December 8 midnight (24:00). Accepted presenters will receive notification by email by December 15, 2014.
Detail of the Conference
Dates for the Conference: February 2 and 3, 2015
Location: Yonsei Univeristy (Seoul), South Korea (Details will be announced later)
Number of Applicants Accepted at The University of Tokyo: 2 or 3 graduate students
Note: If the number of applicants exceeds the number of positions available, selection will be conducted based on the submitted application material.
Selection of Participants
(1) Participation Requirements:
- As a student of the IHS Program, applicants must show a strong willingness to actively engage in the educational activities.
- Regardless of whether the applicant is a Doctoral student or Master's student, all participants must take part in the presentation section.
(2) Application Document:
- Provide the possible presentation title with key words of your presentation (up to 5 words) and individual presentation abstract
- The document should be written in English.
- One page, A4 size (No limit on the number of words or characters).
Additional Important Information:
- Travel costs, including accommodation for three nights, will be provided by Educational Project 4 to the participants from IHS program.
- By taking part in this program, participants accept that pictures, video, or audio recordings of the program activities may be taken and used for promotional purposes.
Please direct any inquiries regarding the conference to IHS Educational Project 4 "Producing Multicultural Communities: Methods, Design, and Praxes"