Call for Application:
“Joint Seminar: The University of Tokyo - Freie Universität Berlin”
As a part of the Educational Project 4 "Producing Multicultural Communities," a joint seminar between the University of Tokyo and Freie Universität Berlin will be held in Berlin, Germany in February of 2015. There will be a presentation skills seminar, academic discussion with graduate students of Freie Universität Berlin, and student led excursions for research and career activities. For those who wish to join this joint seminar with Freie Universität Berlin, upon reading the application requirements below, please submit a statement of purpose by October 31, midnight (24:00 JST) to project4[at]ihs.c.u-tokyo.ac.jp
February 18 (Wed) to 25 (Wed, arrival back in Japan), 2015
Number of Applicants Accepted:
3 Doctoral students, 3 Master's students, for a total of 6 individuals.
Note: If the number of applicants exceeds the number of positions available, selection will be based on the submitted statements of purpose.
- Provide the reason for why you wish to participate, and explain what activities that you hope to conduct during your visit. (Such as visiting specific sites that are related to your research and career.)
- The document should be written in either English or Japanese.
- One page, A4 size (No limit on the number of words or characters).
October 31 (Fri), by midnight 24:00 (JST)
Those who wish to participate in this program should send an email titled "Application for Joint Seminar" with their attached statement of purpose to project4[at]ihs.c.u-tokyo.ac.jp
- As a student of the IHS Program, applicants must show a strong will to actively engage in the educational activities.
- Regardless of whether the applicant is a doctoral student or master's student, all participants must take part in the presentation seminar.
- Participating doctoral students must present their research at the Joint Workshop with the Freie Universität Berlin graduate students.
- Upon completion of the activities, participants must submit a report.
- Travel costs, including hotels, will be provided to participants who are selected.
- By taking part in this program, participants grant that pictures, video, or audio recordings of the program activities may be taken and used for promotional purposes.
The University of Tokyo Program for Leading Graduate Schools Integrated Human Sciences Program for Cultural Diversity (IHS) Project 4 "Producing Multicultural Communities"